Sunday, January 16, 2005

 

Idolatry? No... I--Daltrey

So I go to this teeny place with a cool art space -- Froden Gallery, on Pico in West L.A. -- and Who do I bump into? Roger Daltrey! I'm stoked to meet the bloke, who couldn't be more friendly, so I couldn't resist asking one of the greatest singers ever about the state of his band. He tells me Who-mate Pete has written 14 new songs, he's really really excited about them, and Rog estimates they may be out by May.

Wow, new Who. Who knew?

Which got me daydreaming: 2 ex-quartets (Beatles, Who) are down to 2 rockers each, each band missing what the other can offer. Why not merge, in order to form a more perfect union? Imagine! A beatific Brady Bunch with Townsend on vocal and lead axe, Daltrey on vocal and rhythm guitar, Sir Paul on vocal/bass, Ringo on skins. The name? Who knows -- but wouldn't The Beatwhos or Whootles do? Woo hoo!

Now back to reality and flushed with excitement -- and being ever the blogger -- I ask for Rog's email instead of an autograph; he cleverly offers his manager's info instead.

Dang. I guess I haven't made the Who's Who yet.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Back to TRR MUSIC Home